Thursday, May 3, 2012

Upcycling to Prevent Unneeded Waste!

Thanks to Bill Custer from BillsWoodenPleasures for sharing his inspiration for upcycling.


Every day I work with wood to create products.  Over the last five months one thing I noticed is product waste.  Generally I am down to earth and nature oriented, so just having so many leftovers was really bothering me.  Recently I made this custom cutting board and had quite a bit of waste from this.

I began to brainstorm what to do about this problem of excess waste and just so happened to have a need for a tap handle (I am also a home brewer). And a tap handle was born.

To see more of Bill's work please visit:

This was written by Bill Custer and published on his behalf. All photographs shown are property of Bill Custer and are not to be copied or reproduced in any way without his prior consent.

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to use your scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see what people come up with their extra scraps. Very neat!

    ReplyDelete