Thursday, January 26, 2012

LeMaisonBelle - Upcycled Home Decor

LeMaisonBelle - Home Decor


     Le Maison Belle, which means The Beautiful House, is operated by LeAnn C. Cooper from Mississippi. She named her shop not after her house, but after her Great Dane shown in the photo above, who's name is Belle, and owns thier home in a manner of speaking. In Le Maison Belle you will find mostly upcycled and repurposed vintage home decor that is designed and crafted by LeAnn. She also offers a limited line of black and white photographs and some signs which are her original artwork done on reclaimed wood.

     LeAnn says that her most proud moments are when "someone actually buys something that I make…the items that I sell are 100% my work – from the artwork design to the final product, so I get a thrill when someone actually appreciates it enough to purchase it." She has always enjoyed making things, but she really got on a roll with her crafting and decided to open her shop on Etsy. 

     She has goals of increasing the number of painted signs she offers in her shop as well as the photography offered as she thouroghly enjoys both and basically lives with the camara strapped around her neck. She is also a writer, not yet published, but has won a William Faulkner short story award. LeAnn is married to her college sweetheart, David (who is tremendously supportive), and owned by her beautiful Great Dane, Belle (the one she named her shop after).

     "I find inspiration in anything old – taking castoff items and turning them into something completely new and different. I usually let things tell me what they want to be. I've found that if I try to force it, I don't always end up pleased with the final product," says LeAnn. When asked what she would like people to know about herself and her shop and craft she said "I have so much fun making the items that I sell at Le Maison Belle, and I hope that everyone loves the products as much as I love creating them. I'd also like to encourage people to put themselves out there. Other than a love of all things old, I had no experience at all when I started – just take that first step…"

    These are a few of LeAnn's favorite items currently listed in her shop:





You can find LeMaisonBelle here:

No comments:

Post a Comment